Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Preparing for battle with Boring the Great

It dons the full body sperm suit, elbow length gloves and safety glasses.

It removes the crusty acid drum from the pallet of other crusty acid drums.

It dips the crusty acid drum in the corrosive detergent goop.

It takes the high pressure water gun and sprays the crusty off the drum, usually wearing the blasted crusty bits from head to toe.

It places the clean drum on a new pallet.

It rinses and repeats for seven hours and three extended smoko breaks.

It leaves the site of the battle and heads for home.

It puts the lotion on it's skin.

4 comments:

dive said...

It might be a shitty job but it makes damned sexy poetry, Vic.

peahen said...

Love the reference. Hate the sound of the job. Live for your music.

Vic said...

Hehe, Dive. I never thought of it that way! Perhaps I could say I'm putting myself through all this crap for art's sake. The idea has merit...

Peahen, I'm glad you got the reference. Can you hear the lambs?
Love your profile pic, by the way! What an awesome spot!

Anonymous said...

Sorry the job sucks. But you referenced one of my favorite lines....or it gets the hose. great verses.