Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Trash Art


The people at Wooster Collective are right. There should be more of this sort of art around. If it's garbage anyway, why not make it amusing or thought provoking?
Seeing this immediately inspired me to think about raking the rest of the leaves from my hailstorm struck yard into a large word - 'stripped' is a thought, or maybe 'hell'. Or then again, there is so much detritus out there that I could probably spell out 'IT'S NOT WINTER SO WHY DOES IT LOOK LIKE IT?'
But I love street art. Not tagging - that doesn't really say 'artistic' to me. Some spray graffiti is cool, but mainly I go for stencils and object stuff. It gives a new perspective to public space. I'd like to do some of this myself. I like to write things - just little snippets mainly - in spaces where a person may see them. The comments are either positive or confusing [as in designed to provoke a why? reaction. They are never political or hurtful.

No comments: