Tuesday, December 5, 2006

On procrastination...

Thanks to Blue Gal for some healthy advice:


I really don't believe that there are "creative types" or "non-creative types". There is fear and there is ignoring the fear and doing it anyway.

Nothing better than to make me think I've got no balls in a situation! Blue Gal has uttered exactly the words I needed to kick me out of being to scared and apathetic to say exactly what I want.

No more thinking "Does that make sense?" or "That's not really interesting enough..." or anything else like that.

A friend recently told me that being too scared to put yourself out there and thinking that you're not good enough at something is a form of arrogance. I'm not really partial to calling it arrogance, but I'm coming to the realisation that it's pretty gutless. Let's fix this - right here and now.

"This far. No further."

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

BG does kick some serious ass.

Vic said...

Thankye fer leadin' me her way, Cap'n

Anonymous said...

Ye be most welcome, Vic. Let's see, what title would ye be wantin' if ye came aboard ship?

Vic said...

Cap'n, that be a good question and deserving of much thought...
Humble Musician is a start.
Wandering Minstrel is too florid.

Will ye allow a little more time t'think?

Anonymous said...

Take yer time, Vic. I'll be on th'ship drinkin' grog an' duelin' evil.

Fran / Blue Gal said...

Proud to be the ass kicker of the blogosphere and me captain's blogmate.

Vic said...

Cap'n,

Will ye accept Partaker In Much Plucking as my new title?

I'm thinking I should join ye on th'ship fer some grog an' adventure

Anonymous said...

Aye, then, Me Partaker In Much Plucking, welcome aboard! Grab some rum an' some women (not necessarily in that order)!