Friday, December 22, 2006

Just in from the front line:

Yesterday afternoon there was a a hailstorm that hit my side of town pretty bad. I was at work at the time, so two hours after I'm driving home, watching the debris on the road go from leafy stuff to icy stuff to a foggy misty zone with four inches of hail on the road - right where I live.




The back of my house - note the clothesline was full. The clothes are all there somewhere underneath.




My back room had a perspex roof. It is now non-existent. The amount of hail it dumped inside is incredible. Luckily I've only lost four windows.


The wall underneath it got hit hard.






There's about a foot of this stuff piled in there - it all funnelin of the roof of the house and through the perspex.


There were nine plum trees, an apricot, a fig and a grape vine in the yard - all stripped. It looks like winter out there!


A friend came round to help and we decided to make the most of a bad situation:



2 comments:

nina michelle said...

Wicked weather!

Vic said...

Yeah, the clean-up has been awful. But hey! Nothing beats nature, huh?