Thursday, December 28, 2006

On Body Modification...

I installed a toolbar called StumbleUpon! which I've found some interesting stuff through. It's causing a few seemingly random problems with my browser and will probably have to go - so I'm not going to link to it on principle. It's a bit of a you wanna fuck with me? huh? I'll fuck with you! going straight out to that toobar. Haha. Suck on that, browser-messing loser.

So I find this site talking about the dangers of corset piercing. What? Define the point of having two rows of rings placed vertically, with the most popular placement being on your back, where you can lace a ribbon through and tie them together. I guess there isn't much point with any piercings except aesthetics, however this just seems to trigger a 'too far' alarm in my mind.

Apart from that, the site was talking about the logistics of the piercing itself, saying that the rings were almost certain to be rejected, leaving a row of scarring where the rings were. So you get a couple of photos wih ribbons and lacey thing tying it all up, probably get bored with it after that and don't know what else to do - and then the rings reject. You don't worry about them anymore and you've got the scars to prove you've done it! It seems like that might be viable to quite a few on the idiot side of the fence.

4 comments:

Kel said...

What?! Did you know that you can now have eyelash transplants as well!!!

Vic said...

No I didn't - but if they do eyebrow transplants I can donate half of mine to a worthy cause and still have plenty.

Unknown said...

Hey! My 18 year old daughter wants to get this done. She's been waiting til she's 18 and away at school, so she doesn't have to listen to me give her a hard time when I tell her "NO!"

Do you remember where this "dangers of" website was? I'd like to read about it and maybe forward the information to her (like it will do any good) ... especially since she's had skin allergies in the past... and I don't want to have to pay some medical bill as a result of her relishing in her independence!!

Thanks for your help... Lorrie

Anonymous said...

with these piercings you leave them in for at most 8 hours and then you take them all out(rings and ribbon). Minimal scarring if any at all, if you try to heal them, then yes definite scarring.