Thursday, October 9, 2008

Making Music

Dear Dive,

I first started reading you back around the time when I had a solo date with my laptop and anything alcoholic I could lay my hands on for National Drunk Blogging Day. That's coming close to two years ago now.

What really sold me was almost wetting myself while reading a post you wrote on playing New Year's Eve gigs. In the ranty viciously humourous fashion I love to see from you, that piece hit all the right points. While trying to avoid urinal disaster and gasping for air, I just had to keeping saying
Bugger it, you're so right! I was sold.

You're amazingly supportive. You comment all the time even if I seem to never answer. It was you who gave me the name Groover. From such a distance you would not believe how much of a positive impact that contact with you has made in my life.

It's important to step back occasionally and think of the positive. You have people who have never met you who love you to pieces - how cool is that?!

I've been meaning to join in your
Let's Make a Racket Thursday series since you started it. Yes, it's been an embarrassingly long time, but I'm here now. Just like a drummer I've turned up for the gig eventually.

This is one of my pieces - not a racket as such, but it's here. It's a classical guitar trio written in my first year of Uni (there'll be a few of the Uni days posts coming up - brace yourself). Citrus Twist, performed by myself, Stephen Tafra and Stephen Thorneycroft
[aka EphenStephen] in a loungeroom. For performance identification we were usually known as Totally Plucked.

Glad to see you couldn't keep away from Blogville for too long!

Cheers,
Vic

p.s. Eat plenty of curry. If life ever tries to bite you on the arse again at least you can fart back.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed that very much!

Very cool, is that!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing. Now if you could do your gig on Wednesdays, Dive on Thursdays, perhaps we could get Maria to convince Bing to do a Tuesday and most of the boring parts of the week would be manageable! I have reminded Dive of the same thing,we have been blessed and touched by him.

dive said...

Woohoo! And Wowee!
At last! Yaaaay!
Oh, Vic! The Groover is online at last! I am grinning from ear to ear as I listen. You are so totally awesome!
This piece is great. I am now on my second listen and sad to say I am drumming along between writing snippets.
I'm just home from work so when I've got changed I'll drag my Martin out and play along with you.
One day we'll get to do that for real. You wouldn't believe how much I want to just spend hours and hours jamming with you.
And yes, it's creepy coming from someone as old as me but I do love you in so many ways. When I first started reading your pieces it was patently obvious that not only are you smart, funny, cool, sexy but you are a real musician (rather than "someone who plays in a band") and worthy of respect. That respect has grown over the time we've been blogging, as has the love - and the panics when you go missing or get pissed at life.
Seeing the little Ovi player at the foot of this post genuinely gave me the biggest thrill I have had in years. I'm still grinning like a fool.

I didn't name you The Groover, I simply pointed out that is who you truly are.

Terroni said...

This post and Dive's comment are leaving me a bit choked up.

I'm leaving now before I start crying like a girl.

Thanks, you two.