Friday, October 3, 2008

Looking after "self"



This afternoon the light was good for taking some shots I've wanted to take a road trip and chase for a while. It was pretty hot, so I could also have been out swimming. There was plenty to do outside.

But I chose not to. I stuck my head under my wing and looked after myself a little. The room that had really begun to resemble that of a teenager got tidied and rearranged. I closed the blinds and cranked the music while I was doing this and danced and sang in only a pair of jeans. I organised my CDs into genre and cross-genre.

The new feeling of organisation and tidiness is calming. I unwind a lot knowing that things are easy to find and not lying all over the floor, or even hidden in cupboards and not sorted. I also unwind completely to music. Dancing and singing while listening to anything that mildly took my interest was far better than spending an afternoon outside.

Time to look after myself (in all aspects) for a while, methinks.

4 comments:

dive said...

Nice legs, Vic.
I'm not too sure about the feathery look, though.

Anonymous said...

"Nice legs, Vic.
I'm not too sure about the feathery look, though." - Ah, dear, its 4am here and you've already made my day! ... And now to sleep.

Btw, AWSOME picture there =) must have been a nice day.

Boz.

Vic said...

Dive - Not a fan of my soft downy bits then?

Boz - Thanks, it was indeed a nice day.

dive said...

Oooooooooooooo …