Friday, July 1, 2011

What the F... Will I Do With My Weekend?

Thank fuck it's Friday. There is no question about being happy to put the last week of uninspiring work behind me. The questions are about the future. I know it will be an ice-breaker with whoever I get paired up to work with today. Standard Friday conversation is always started around what you plan for the weekend.

WHAT THE FUCK WILL I DO WITH MY WEEKEND?

The people around me are not understanding my drive to fill every weekend with activities. They don't get why I want to spend all day outside. They don't share the same constant dreaming for things I could do on the weekend. I think they are somewhat bewildered by it all.

Well. For three years I worked for a pack of wankers who would abuse you if you missed a phone call on the weekend to go to work at the drop of a hat. You were on call twenty-four hours a day and never paid an on-call rate. When you actually did score two consecutive days off your were exhausted and spent most of your awake time on the lounge snoozing anyway.

So weekends barely existed. Now that I'm in a job where I have them I feel like I'm trying to make up for three years of missing out. I'm living in a city that I've barely explored. I now live right near the beach and I've barely taken any photos.

So.

WHAT THE FUCK WILL I DO WITH MY WEEKEND?

Will I walk the couple of kilometres to Glenrock Lagoon because the start of the track is only a few blocks away?

Will I finally go looking for geocaches at night with MisterSham?

Oh yeah, how about I duck into the messed up treasure trove that is the old Jolly Roger site and take pictures of the graffiti in there before they knock it all down? I know last time I wished to get inside and messed up building I wished for far too long and next time I turned around it was gone.

How about sitiing on the beach playing classical guitar? Or even just the backyard?

I could go up to the University to that section we surveyed last week and take photos of the weird fungi I came across while I was kicking around being bored.

Too many things to do, too little time!

5 comments:

dive said...

Beach, music, coffee, alcohol, sex.
In no particular order. (I can only manage the first four so I'll probably add "frantic masturbation" to my own list).
Have a great weekend, Groover.

Vic said...

I'm currently swilling a glass of red wine and your "frantic masturbation" comment almost made me add "soaking white shirt" to my list.

dive said...

Ah, we frantic masturbators love to help.
Actually, I'm being far less frantic this weekend and am about to mosey on into the village to drink real ale and fall asleep in the sun while pretending to watch our local cricket team.
Sunburn and hangover await!

Robyn Martins said...

It never works to try to make up for lost time. I know the feeling—I've tried to do that in general, weekends or no, and it can be exhausting. Pick one thing, and enjoy it for all it's worth.

Vic said...

Scout, you seem to manage to cram so much into life ion general. I have no idea how you keep it all up!

Oh and Dive... Check, check, check, check, and... check. In no particular order. *grin