Thursday, July 7, 2011

More Random Sydney

There he is, looking down on an old lot being used as parking space - Thirty-four dollars for Sunday? - in Sydney's Chinatown.



And just around the corner of a broken wall from his gaze, some really intricate cartoonery.



I'm kicking myself now for not actually having taken any photos of Chinatown itself. We wandered around. We gave ourselves belly aches. We looked at unidentifiable things in crammed little grocers. I pondered the golden dripping tongue sculpture and decided that I still don't like it.

Then we grinned and paid thirty-four dollars to the guy in the box, waved to the man on the wall, and came home.

3 comments:

dive said...

Thirty four smegging dollars to park in Sydney? Yikes! I could almost fly there for that.
Chinatown sounds fun, bellyaches notwithstanding. I love that intricate cartoonery.

Vic said...

Chinatown is fun, you'd love it.

Fly here? Come on over!

dive said...

I WISH!