Saturday, July 9, 2011

One of my favourite once-a-week blogs is Mining Mayhem, a site showcasing pictures things which the industry collectively refers to as incidents. You slip and fall, it is an incident. You use a heights harness in a stupid way and get busted by somebody who knows what they are doing (one of the dickheads I had to look after did), it's an incident. A bulldozer falls off a highwall (seen it), it's an incident. An explosive shot misfires (been there, seen it, scared pants off me) sending rocks hurling a hundred metres in the air and a couple of hundred metres beyond their marked intended exclusion zone, it's an incident that pretty much gets treated like a crime scene.

This is probably a multiple of incidents all rolled into one big, comical video.



I could watch it over and over. Brilliant.

2 comments:

dive said...

BRILLIANT!
From the moment that truck started rolling I must confess to laughing so hard I almost choked. Thank you so much, Vic.
I've bookmarked that website, too. Great fun.

Vic said...

I like that the excavator at least tried to keep a hold of the bucket, but all it did was flip it up. Sensational.