Saturday, April 25, 2009

PhotoHunt: Protect(ion)

PPE:- Personal Protective Equipment

"Shooter"


Here's Shooter, one of my workmates. He's exhibiting the typical PPE we're required to wear for the job. Hardhat, safety glasses, lace-up steel-capped boots, and because we tend to work with grease and chemicals, a disposable "sperm suit". Or, as Shooter likes to call them instead, an Oompaloompa suit.

Seems a bit over the top. Mostly. Until two days ago, that is, when I caught myself a beauty at a moment without the hardhat on. Consequently I buried an adjustment screw on a grease injector block more than a centimetre into the top of my head. A hell of a lot of incident reports, reviews and a suture later, I'm beginning to like the idea of having a chin strap to keep the thing permanently on my head.

3 comments:

kayerj said...

great shot!

I’m feeling safe here’s my photo hunt

kayerj said...

oh, and I hope your head heals fine, I guess there is a reason for all that protective gear

Skebba said...

You got a what in your where?!
My goodness, hope you're ok!
You know, there's always the possibilities that one of those loose screws was just working itself out of your skull, heh heh...

By the way, hearing you talk about all the greasy stuff is totally cool. :)