Saturday, November 8, 2008

The Stripe Project: Day 5



No standing? I came to a full-on halt yesterday.

What do I do when I find out I've been shafted by somebody? Usually, I drink it all out and forget it in the aftermath of the hangover. The drinking lets it become not much of a problem. And the hangover... Well, let's see? ... That reminds me that health is far more important than getting annoyed at some idiot.

Oh, the joys of working with a hangover. Luckily, we had to get off the machine we were working for about an hour today, so that some other crew could work on it. Ideal time for a hung over sleep session. On the rocky, dusty ground I lay underneath the work truck, stretched out like a starfish, with a bag of rags under my head for a pillow. At the time not even a fluffy doona on a king size bed with a mountain of pillows could have matched the relief of the sleep I had today under that truck.

Hung over? Yes. It's not the drink that makes you get over something. It's the hangover that reminds you that life can be far better.

3 comments:

Butch Boo said...

I HATE hangovers!

It's the "beer fear" I get the morning after.

YUK

(never stops me though!!)

BB

X

Vic said...

Likewise, but that's my point. Maybe it's the hangover that reminds you that life can be far better, and that's what we need.

DawgDyke said...

I current am nursing my hockey-game-we-won hangover...