Monday, November 17, 2008

Project Texture

Kat has come up with the challenge this time - to photograph texture. It seems like such a broad context, but to take it out of the realm of the obvious is proving quite a challenge to think about.

My starting point is at the local wetland centre - just around the corner from home. Bush, and plenty of interest in it. I've always liked the texture of barks from different trees. At the moment the scarring within the bark textures is captivating. Little bits of scars from the story of the life of that particular tree. A history in a sense. A little inner glimpse.

I guess this one could be like one of those psychologist dot pictures...

Wound/Scar


See in it what you will!

5 comments:

Terroni said...

I like the label 'sex life'

EspressoHead said...

If 'mine' ever looks like this when I get old I think ill kill myself....

Katherine Buckley said...

The most interesting bits are always beneath the surface.. of everything.

Joy-Joy said...

beautiful!

Joy-Joy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.