Friday, May 6, 2011

Things that constantly amaze me


  • Rain. I know the sciencey blah behind it. But seriously, it just falls from the sky. Then it doesn't. Then it does. Then it sniffs out public holidays and stays! Brilliant!
  • The abilty of cats to sense when you wake up and appear just in time to wind themselves in between your legs on the way to the kitchen.
  • My continuing fascination with Matt Preston
  • Auto Electricians. *Snip *Snip *Snip *Twist *Key-click *VROOM. There you go, done. They make a spidery mess make sense in ten secons flat.
  • How I can use a packet mix to make muffins yet still feel like a masterchef at 6am when those little bliss bombs roll out of the oven.
  • The addictive properties of the Zelda series of games.
  • Tourism-driven art vendors.
  • That practising scales to a metronome is the best form of relaxation I know.
  • How much Jonah continues to amuse me. I just watched him bury his nose into the bristle end of an oversize paintbrush and waited for the inevitable sneeze. Cracks me up every time.
  • Touch phones
  • The undiminishing libido of my partner... *grin*

3 comments:

dive said...

Good list, Vic. I particularly like the last item. Yay you!
Oh, and rain's unerring ability to sniff out public holidays is a brilliant observation. For a moment there I thought you'd moved to England.

Vic said...

Move to England? I wish! But I did think the rain was permanent resident for you chaps?

dive said...

Hoorah for "chaps" … what an unconscionably splendid word, Vic.
Thanks to global warming we chaps have been enjoying peculiarly antipodean Aprils these last couple of years. I've not seen rain here since March, though the weather man says we're due a leetle showerette tomorrow.
Come on over. I've been keeping a space for you in the studio.