Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Fake Cow Escape Methods

The town of Shepparton, VIC, has recently been rated by a current affairs program as one of the worst places to live in this country. I only spent an hour or so there, and given the small hick fruit picking town I'd dragged myself away from to go visit this one... it was damn near a city. Fuck! It had an Art Gallery! And coffee shops!

Apart from being home to the SPC cannery (where all the fruit I was working to pick at the time was being sent), Shepparton is littered with fake cows. And they're proud of it. The fake cows are allowed to roam freely in the public areas, in fact they're a main attraction. This appears to be how they got there:

4 comments:

dive said...

Wow! I knew pigs could fly, but cows? Sheesh! Just don't stand underneath 'em.

Anonymous said...

Maybe they misunderstood the when pigs fly... I wouldn't stand in front of them either :-D

Vic said...

I just want to know where the cat and the fiddle are.

dive said...

Er … They're in Norwich, disguised as a pub, Vic.
Come on over and we can go for a beer there.