Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Introducing my new bed partner

This afternoon I came home from work with aching wrists and no energy. Work is a soulless vegetable preparation factory that drains me mentally from the distaste of being part of an industry direction that I do not support, as well as physically draining me from the repetetive bending and limited movement nature of the work.

I sat on the bed in my room with a coffee and the intention of jamming out on my guitar to an easy listening playlist and eventually bringing myself to learn a few songs for the band I got into. I was all set up - coffee mug on the window sill beside the bed, snuggly pillows to lean against and ease the aching back, ashtray at the ready for the times of sitting back taking a break and just listening.

One song. That was as far as I got. My head couldn't take it and I quit, resloving to just play a few warm-up licks instead. Somewhere shortly after that I fell asleep, leaning back on the pillows on my bed with a guitar across my chest. I vaguely remember rolling over onto my side and thinking huh? Heavy thing near me? but being too absolutely fucked to even figure out what it was.



My girl woke me up later in the evening and reminded me that I do, in fact have a teddy bear for such occasions.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wicked hot pic! love it!

dive said...

That's the sweetest and loveliest thing I've seen in many a year, Groover.

Terroni said...

Are those your sheets?
I never pictured you with pink sheets. (Although, now that I think about it, I'm not sure I've ever pictured your sheets at all.)