Friday, February 13, 2009

The phone says it all.

I downloaded a game for my mobile phone. Some will snicker at this, but let me explain the reasoning:

I am often stuck for hours on end at work with nothing to do but sit and watch a hole as safety standby person. Nothing to read, nobody to speak to. I just have to sit and wait. I practise drumming, but can't maintain it for ten hours straight. I listen to music to keep awake. I make patterns in the dust around me. I clean the patterns away and make every surrounding surface spotless. Still bored. My phone is always there, so I thought I'd put something on it to keep myself stimulated.

The game I chose to download is a brain training game. It's supposed to stimulate certain areas of your brain as well as assess and rank your abilities. Cool.

So I tried the thing out this morning and failed abysmally at one of the exercises. It could be taken as a description of how well I'm doing in life at the moment...

"Oh dear... Your rank is Plankton."

4 comments:

Kel said...

well at least you can float...LOL

Sassy Sundry said...

Damn. Pity.

dive said...

Yay!
Plankton are cool.

EspressoHead said...

Well humans cant photosynthesise themselves can they? (really bad grammar here...)