Sunday, December 28, 2008

Advice?

In a search for reasons not to suicide I came across an article that stated it's number one reason as this:

1. There Is Substantial Evidence For the Existence of God
[...]
You therefore owe it to yourself to do everything you can to communicate with God.


And then I came across another gem, on a completely different page, spouting scientific reasoning for not committing the deed. My personal favourite:

3. Many, many creatures are depending on you
You are literally never alone. While there are roughly 6.7 billion people on Earth, you may not feel that many of them at all care very much about your existence. But within your colon alone are living at least 1012 billion organisms, or roughly a thousand times the number of people on the planet. Stop your metabolic processes, and you stop theirs.


Truly, truly helpful, peoples.
You owe it to God and the organisms in your colon to stay alive.
Brilliant.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always thought the best reason was you can't change your mind... ever again.

Even when it's difficult to find a reason to live it's a walk in the park to find a reason not to die.

Take care, Vic... here's to a better 2009!

Vic said...

Thanks JC, and same to you.

In writing this I was just thinking about the fact that so many people seem to google ways to die. So I thought I'd do a google search to see how much there was about not dying.

dive said...

Yay! Thanks for that, Vic. Now when I top myself I can rejoice in the knowledge that I'll be taking billions of the little fuckers with me.

And I challenge anyone to show me any evidence whatsoever for the existence of any kind of God.
People are such deluded fuckwits.

Landlady of Fat said...

This would probably make me WANT to kill myself. Especially that whole 1012 billion organisms feeding off me thing...

Blech.