Thursday, June 5, 2008

Project Blue #5



I am one of those rare people that love being stuck as the red lights of a level crossing start flashing and the barriers come down. I am not the person at the head of the queue impatiently tapping my fingers on the steering wheel and cursing the person who slowed me down just enough to get me stuck. I am bouncing in my driver's seat and grinning. TRAIN!!

I am not the disinterested person reading the newspaper on the platform, ignoring the rush of wind as these amazing machines come flying past. I am the one whose excited anticipation craning toward the tunnel just to check if I can see the oncoming lights yet.

I am the person who at twenty-seven is still trying to count how many carriages there are on every coal train I see.

5 comments:

dive said...

I have to travel on the fuckers for seven and a half hours every weekday, Vic. It kinda drains any lingering fascination right out of me.
Trains … brrr …

Full said...

He loves them really.

This blue thing is great Vic, I'm having a go at it this weekend, even if I just end up with a picture of Albert Collins.

Vic said...

Dive - How many carriages does your regular have? Travelling on them is pretty damn boring, I agree. I just like to look at them from the outside.

Full - So he has an exact model of his daily train at his bedside? Thought so.

Hey cool that you're doing the Project Blue, I'm looking forward to seeing it!

Anonymous said...

Another terrific shot... I'm with you... trains are very cool to look at.

Melli said...

Well... trains ARE just plain fun to watch! My hubby and I BOTH agree on that! And old steam engines are the BEST!