Sunday, June 8, 2008

PhotoHunt: Bad Hair

So this isn't actually bad hair, it's about five minutes before it. You know that kind of wind that guarantees that if your hair is any longer an inch you're going wind up with more knots than a fishing line caught in a propeller?

I love the expression in this shot because it isn't entirely clear. It leads the imagination on, letting you wonder exactly what she's thinking. Kind of like Mona Lisa but without the sex - you'll never really know what those eyes are saying, but you can come up with quite a few ideas.

Or at least, that's what this picture does for me.

I'd love opinions on this one, please! What exactly does her expression say to you?

10 comments:

dive said...

It says "Get away from me with that camera before I deck you!"

EspressoHead said...

"I wish I shaved my head before I left the house this morning..."

Anonymous said...

Lol... it says Get outta my space!
In the most kindest way...

Anonymous said...

On the other hand... that could be the you just wait till we get home look :-D

Dianne said...

I think she looks thoughtful and peaceful. Maybe a bit apprehensive but really I get far more positive vibes from her than negative.

My hair looks best when I drive around fast with all the windows open. My favorite look.

EspressoHead said...

I all seriousness I think it’s a type of thinking look.

She obviously knows she’s getting her picture taken (whether it is staged, or momentary action by the photographer).

She’s thinking what to think.
She's relaxed; too busy battling it out with her own subconscious to give a shit about how to look, or what to do.

I think it’s nice to catch any human being in this line of thought. She looks 'real'.

Alexandra said...

Yeah, it's a great shot...of a moment which asks to be uncaptured.

Terroni said...

I love this shot. I like the way her lips her parted, like she might tell you to go fuck yourself. Or kiss you.

mimi11460 said...

She is sexy....

-tnchick- said...

I'm with JC - "you just wait till we get home" =)