Sunday, February 3, 2008

Stolen from Terroni

Where is your cell phone? Underneath my pillow. It functions as my alarm clock (with a couple of hits of the snooze button…)

Vehicle? Under a stand of trees, being neglected and shat on by galahs and magpies.

Hair? Sonic the Hedgehog revisited.

Father? Not a welcome part of my life any more.

Your favorite thing? Kisses, along the line of my neck near my collarbone. Particularly on the left side.

Dream last night? Pears, picking pears with sweat rolling into my eyes.

Favorite drink? Cold water in the hot sun.

Room you are in? Bulk accommodation on an orchard. The rooms are concrete cells with a door that has a solid lower half and mesh or the upper half. It’s like a stable without the straw.

Your ex? Which one? The scary anti-bi drag king? The verbally abusive drunk idiot? Or the boxassed homewrecking child of the devil?

You are? Bored. What do you do in the middle of nowhere in a stable cell in the rain?

What do you want to be in ten years? A human.

Who did you hang out with today? The person I talked to most was the slow-arse tractor driver – in an attempt to make friends so that he would look after me and make sure he moved my produce bin a little faster. Oh and the gang boss, because she likes me enough not to bother checking my work too closely.

What you're not? I’m not impressed with the rotting dead snake smell from the bins across the road from my stable room.

Muffins? It’s been a while, but alright.

One of your wish list items? A bedside table. Any sort of table.

Where is the ____? Bottle shop.

The last thing you did? Looked up weatherzone to see when the hell the rain was going to end.

What are you wearing? Bare feet and a jumper.

Your pet(s)? A couple of bull ants in the shower. They are there to greet me daily.

Your computer? Can’t live without it. I have a coathanger wireless connection – a complex little arrangement where I winch my wireless card into the air and jerk it a little higher every time the connection cuts out.

Your life? Expect nothing: Experience everything.

Your mood? Bored.

Missing? Being curled on my girl’s lounge, watching the must see DVDs with her beside me.

What are you thinking about right now? The flock of galahs I can see outside my stable door.

Your shoes? Caked in mud from the orchard. They were near new a week ago, but they’ll be stuffed in another month.

Your work? Hard, sweaty, lonely.

Your summer? 82% humidity, 34 degrees celcius. What do you reckon?

Your favorite color? It depends on the mood. I think I like most colours. Except peach. And stupid fluffy faffy washed out pastel pink. Oh and also light green.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know what worries me more, the snake or the humidity.
The humidity means i'm bringing the nebuliser down when i come to visit, the snake means i ain't going anywhere near anything remotely snakey.
So, I'm posting you a lightning rod, a bedside table and something to cure the boredom huh.
Aust Post is going to hate me .

Missing you babe xoxoxox

dive said...

You certainly paint a piquant picture of outback life, Vic.
But be of good cheer; a few more weeks of hard labour and your bod's gonna look great.

Vic said...

Kate - There's so much activity in the orchard that you're in more danger of getting hit on the head by a falling pear than getting snakebit.

I miss the pants off you too, babe. xoxoxox

Vic said...

Dive - I'll have to ask a second opinion on that one...

Terroni said...

Post a few hot, sweaty pics and I'll be your second opinion ;>

Vic said...

Hey Terroni, I'm missing the half-nekkid Thursday thing too. It's a lot easier to do around a gay man who is studying photography than where I've been lately, so I'm having trouble getting around to it.

Anonymous said...

hey Vic,

I think i would worry more about the snakes but then agin i hate them. Sorry to hear about your pear accident but I feel you still came out on top.

Full said...

Hey Vic, I heard how to cook a Galah.

You make a fire.
Throw on a Galah.
Throw on some rocks.
When the rocks go soft, you can eat the Galah.

Take care Hun.