Tuesday, June 28, 2011

More Questions...

I'll carry on with a bit more of Maria's Meme. Maybe today I will get a bit further through the questions than last time.

2) WHAT IS ON THE WALLS OF YOUR BEDROOM?

There used to be a gorgeous huge painting by my girlfriend that smacked you in the eyes from the moment you walked in the door, but we moved it to the lounge area so that everyone could enjoy it. Now there's a hideous built-in wardrobe unit that smacks you in your bad-taste lobe and cries out for customisation.

3) WHAT DOES YOUR MOBILE PHONE LOOK LIKE?

Scratched, dinged up and not even a year old. It's had grease, sweat, dust, rain... and as a combination of the last three, mud caked on various parts in various combinations. I've learned the hard way that paying the extended insurance fee is well worth it.

4) WHAT MUSIC DO YOU LISTEN TO?

Well. Fuck. There are too many genres to cover here, so...

not much Country
not much Opera

I am amused by Metal in it's various pompous forms. (Get over E minor, guys. And dropping your tuning by a semitone or a tone didn't really change your content. It just made those string bends easier, didn't it?)

Jazz has to err on the side of pop to really hold my attention - I mean, if a soloist wanders around for a good ten minutes and can't hint back at the tune at least once or twice I'm bored. I'm lost. I used to think that it meant I didn't have the mind to contemplate jazz properly. Now, I think that it's not so much me. If you wander off and don't link your solo to any good reference points, you're just waffling. You'd fail if it was an essay.

5) DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME YOU WERE BORN?

Easy. When the world stopped and everybody said Oh Fuck.

2 comments:

dive said...

Excellent answers, Vic. You gave me a wonderfully entertaining coffee break giggle, especially with the music (you know how I respect your views on that subject).
Time to paint the wardrobe, methinks.

Vic said...

Paint the wardrobe? I'm going to rip the fucking doors right off it and put curtains up instead!

And I do love sharing a few music rant giggle with you too, Dive.

Cheers,
Vic