Sunday, March 7, 2010

Train Station Goodness:

I love trains. Always have. Watching them, hearing them, travelling on them.

Train stations will always hold some hidden little smiles for me - a surprise flower growing between the tracks, the weird way an underground station smells in all it's tiled clinicity, the fifty people all gathered under the clock as a meeting spot. There's graffiti, one of my favourite visual excitements, and usually there's a slogan to make my mind twist.

On the way into Sydney recently to see the Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras parade I caught sight of a beauty at Waverton station: a beautifully painted station fixture sign that said

Alight here for Beautiful BALLS HEAD


... and we all know what comes right along with balls, don't we? But there's plenty of those types of heads floating around already and I'd rather not like to spend time with them!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

could you be any more up yourself?

Vic said...

Actually, Anonymous, yes I could. I could choose to speak in attack without bothering to identify myself.

Yours,
Vic

Anonymous said...

first, i see anonymous people as having no backbone...now with that said onto the more important stuff...

love trains too! there's been a couple of places where i've lived that i could hear a train passing, from a distance, in the night. the singing of the rails and the occasional whistle always lulled me to sleep. riding on one is so cool!