Sunday, December 20, 2009

PhotoHunt: Fast

The PhotoHunt theme this week is Fast. The immediate thoughts are of speed and motion. Trains rushing along a set of tracks in the middle of nowhere. Jet contrails. Streaks of tail lights in long exposures. The blur of a cricket bat being swung during a game in the hot Australian summer.

Since when has the obvious been fun? A deadline prevents me from bothering to set myself up for any of the obvious shots, however let's pretend that I've actually been clever and approached the task from a different angle completely.

What goes fast around here?

I mean, REALLY fast.

345mL Is Not Enough


That's right, BEER. It doesn't stay for long at all. It comes and goes again altogether far too quickly for my liking. Especially at this time of year.

Why on earth does the silly season demand that people "get together for a few drinks before Christmas"?
Fuck off.
Why not get together for a few drinks at any time of year for absolutely no reason but the hell of it? It would make Christmas a hell of a lot easier to cope with when it comes to cash flow. Not only do I need to buy presents for the family, I've had to buy carton after carton of beer.

Stuff the silly season. In future, if you really want to drink with me you won't wait until December.

4 comments:

Lorna said...

The way my screen is set up, I could only see as far as the question: Really fast? I imagined a few things: the obvious motorcycle, the blink of an eye, a spoonful of frozen yoghurt, but I scrolled down and I was only in the ball park. I missed beer. It's a great picture, with the sun and all.

dive said...

Mmmm … Beer.

Cheers, Vic!

Vic said...

Cheers times many, Dive!

mariposa said...

Nice picture of the beer. :) Happy holidays!



Mariposa's PhotoHunt