Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Sometimes tv is depressing.

Finished watching the first series of The L Word a few days ago. No, I haven't seen it before and I know I'm sooo far behind etc. So get over it. But I actually found it really depressing. I mean on one hand I lapped it up for the culture, the info and just the lovely idea of being able to meet up for coffee and rely on an entire group of lesbian friends. On the other hand it was almost too real for me. I'm not sure that I started watching with the idea of seeing hardships. I wanted sex and happiness with a little bit of drama but mainly I wanted a feeling that life was going to be okay.

I guess it's like when I saw [crap, I can't remember the name of it] that movie with the two boarding school girls in love and then one decides she can't be gay. I cried long and hard just because you instinctively want everything to be okay and it's so difficult see it not being okay. Maybe it's worse in the context of a movie or tv series because I definately have no bearing on the outcome?

No comments: