Monday, February 12, 2007

Quote of the Day

(belated entry for Friday)

- from a student who I taught a few years ago when he was in early primary school. I stopped teaching for a while, so he got in with another teacher, and then stopped lessons for a bit. I see his mother about the place fairly often and at the beginning of this year she organised for him to have lessons with me again. The first of these was Friday just gone.

So he comes in, sits down and tells me that he's had two other teachers.

"Alright. Cool." says me. "Who were your other teachers?"

[and here's the quote]
"I had Lloyd and another Vic."

Oh dear. Buddy, that was me. I stopped being a heifer with long hair and the poor kid couldn't make the connection.

2 comments:

dive said...

Hee hee.
Judging by the old photo of you in London, you were never a heiffer.
But your new hair is totally cool and you honestly look waaaay better now, so I don't blame him.

Vic said...

You are brilliant with the positive comments dive. The women don't know what they're missing out on.

I was about to scan another pic to go "Look! I really was a heiffer!" but I figured that really, it doesn't matter. I look like a different person, yes, but mentally I was a heiffer.