Monday, December 18, 2006

On consumerism

Why is it that everybody goes nuts on food at Christmas? I mean, bring on the Christmas parties - I'll come eat your food - but how come so much extra gets consumed? Our sales today were pretty much tripled on the same time last week. Just for food.

But if I go to your place and eat, that means you're preparing extra, true - but it also means that I'm preparing less. Shouldn't things even out and be relatively the same with regards to overall consumption?

Also thinking about consumerism - I've packed away that many orders for specific weights of turkeys today that it makes me think of the poor turkeys who miss the cut.
-Sorry buddy, everyone's after a No.38 this year. You're under.
-You've got too much fat on ya, mate. Go run it of in your crappy tiny cage for a while.


And so many people just want the breasts. What happens with all the other bits? And is the demand for breast meat really about it being the low fat option or is the something a little more primitive going on?

1 comment:

Kel said...

The whole eating more thing has never been a problem for me,if I want more I eat it and if I dont well then I dont!
There is a Turkey heaven where all the discarded pieces go,and only when they get there are they truley free!