Monday, September 3, 2007

The Monday Melee: Melee at the Movies

Today marks another spin on the standard Monday Melee, also dreamed up by fracas. It is the movie quote version this week, and I've been dreading it since the day it was announced.

1. The Misanthropic: Name something you absolutely hate.
"What does that have to do with your ability to place a comma in its proper place or put a period at the end of a sentence, hmmm?"
Professor Phipps, Higher Learning

2. The Meretricious: Expose something or someone that’s phony, fraudulent or bogus.
"I thought the purpose of education was to learn to think for yourself."
John Keating, Dead Poets Society

3. The Malcontent: Name something you’re unhappy with.
"One night there was something in my pants, like blood. My mom said, oh, hell, your period. This is where all the trouble starts. She was right."
Elizabeth, Prozac Nation

4. The Meritorious: Give someone credit and name it if you can.
"She has a secret lover? Who?"
Casanova, Casanova

5. The Mirror: See something good about yourself and name it.
"Well, I play a guitar and make funny noises with my mouth."
Tex Malinson, Arizona Days

6. The Make-Believe: Name something you wish for.
"Hug hug, kiss kiss, hug hug, big kiss, little hug, kiss kiss, little kiss."
Nacho, Nacho Libre

2 comments:

dive said...

Excellent, Groover.
I spent half of yesterday with a huge pile of DVDs and a remote doing this but I'll have to post it tomorrow as Blogger was being crappy to me today.

Anonymous said...

You win for the #3.

I'd be happy to give that up to some stupid idiot who thinks she needs it to be a woman.

I may just advertise that on my blog. Free. People like freebies don't they? There are whole blogs about freebies. I'm going to give mine away.

Care to join me?