Thursday, April 26, 2007

I'm back.

It's been busy. I looked forward to school holidays, but I've crammed so much into them that I think I'm more happy to be back!

Here's some pics from my travels:



From the top of a huge tree in Lamington National Park.



Yours truly with a male King Parrot at a fantastic guest house. These birds just hang out waiting to be fed - I held out my hand to this little guy and he hopped on. Later on I had a couple of them fighting over who got to be on my hand.



After going on a guided walk and learning about trapdoor spiders, here is the home of a leaf trapdoor. They kind of make a spiral funnel out of leaves but this one had some extra bits involved - a bit of a home decorator.



Yours truly on the giant swing at the guest house. The cranked it up just for me - you normally have to share with about twenty other people and take turns. But I got six in a row. I even conned the guy into letting me drop back wards. This thing hurt my lower back so bad! You get winched up and then you just drop (the harness only holds your crotch and lower waist - ow!) until the swing cuts in. It's painful but absolutely brilliant. I ended up hanging upside down for a couple of swings. Awesome.

Thanks to all who missed me. It's a really warm fuzzy feeling to know that someone you haven't met is wondering where you've got to. I've resolved to make May the month of blogging. Daily posts, no excuses.And at least weekly posts on my other blog. I've missed everyone and reading all the blogs I like to read. But now I'm back.

9 comments:

GG said...

Great to have you back mate. They're terrific photos. How the hell did that swing-thing work? I don't get it, but it looks like fab fun.

Katherine Buckley said...

Hey! Here she is again! Love the photos - knew you had been off having adventures... glad you had a great time. Look forward to more blogging! K x

Anonymous said...

Spiders are truly scary critters and that swing, umm, to quite Old K, umm like, ouch!
Glad to have you back hun xox

sinclair sexsmith said...

welcome back! great photos. I'd love to see some of that part of the world someday ... seems like quite an adventure!

dive said...

Damn, Groover!
If I weren't so stupidly male I'd give you a great big hug.
It is SOOOOO good to have you back.
Looks like you had a great time, too.

Vic said...

Wow thanks guys! It's good to be back!

GG: Well, you get winched up to pole I'm nearest while hanging off a swing bar. Then it releases and you start swinging. It just lets you go from the highest point rather then you having to work to get there.

Kat: Not as many adventures as you two! Love the pics on your blog. xx

Kate: Um, like, so like totally, like missed you and everything! As for spiders - the guide was tickling the edge of a Tree Funnel-Web's web to make it come out. That was scary.

Sinclair: It truly is a gorgeous part of the world.

Dive: Bugger your stupid maleness! Give me a great big hug anyway.

dive said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm …

Anonymous said...

Well, well, well, an' just when Th' Cap'n thought ye'd been sucked up by that whirlpool.
Th' Cap'n be happy t'have her Groove back...aye, I know, I made a joke - even if it did hurt me black heart.

Vic said...

Me Cap'n, I always knew ye'd be of a fine wit. Honoured t'see ye again, and always at yer service.